Saturday, November 13, 2004

Hooters #66

A new Hooters opened about 10 minutes from my house so as of this month, I have been to 66 different Hooters in the USA. Now, that's not to say that I've been to Hooters 66 times...no no no...these 66 are different Hooters locations where I have been at least one time each.

A little background on some of my previous Hooters visits:

  • 5 were in the Denver area in 2000
  • 11 were in South Florida in 2001
  • 7 were around the Houston area in a three-day trip in 2002
  • my 45th was the Grand Opening of their Sugarland, TX location...I was served their very first beer on Opening Day
  • I was at the Grand Opening of the Cape Cod Hooters in 2003
  • 9 locations were during a four-day trip to southern California in 2003
While at Hooters in Daytona with my friend Chris in 1999, I saw a t-shirt: "Hooters World Tour". On the back it had a list of cities, just like a concert t-shirt would have. While looking at that list, I realized that I had been to a bunch of those places so I decided that I would embark on a world tour of my own.

In 2003 Hooters ran a contest where anyone who visited 20 different Hooters in one year would win a party. They gave out little "passport" books that we had to have stamped at each of the different locations we went to.

Why have I done all this? Well, the last line of the menu at Hooters pretty much sums it all up: "Hooters makes you happy". :)

Check out some Hooters pics here.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh...I can't believe that I forgot to say that this new Hooters (#66) is also the first and only Hooters where I was shut-off! LOL! But it wasn't because I was drunk or rude or anything...it was because I was there for about five hours!

The bartender was really cool about it and was very apologetic...something about there being rules when people are there for too long. She even said that she knew I was not intoxicated. In fact a few minutes later when she refilled Greg's beer glass from the pitcher, she started to top off my glass too...I put my hand over the top and sarcastically said "I thought I was shut off". She replied "look, do you want me to fill yours up too or not?". :) And then when shift-change occurred, she didn't bother to tell anyone else how long I had been there for. So it was all good.

Unknown said...

Just a quick update: I am now up to 68.
:)

Unknown said...

Update: I am up to 69 different Hooters locations now. Number 69 was in Orlando near the airport on December 20, 2005.